Terms And Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions specify the grounds on which a User can register and use http://skillstreet.co/ (The Website). A person who signs up on the Website by agreeing to use The Website becomes "User" of the Website. These terms and conditions forms a legally binding Agreement between SkillStreet and the User. Terms and conditions will be revised and updated, by posting such changes on the Website, as and when required at the sole discretion of SkillStreet, which will be readily available on The Website. Continuing use of SkillStreet a User indicates acceptance of the revised .
SkillStreet provide its services as a platform to facilitate free skill exchange among users.
When User registers with the WebSite, You will be asked to provide SkillStreet with certain information including, without limitation, a valid email address. SkillStreet will not disclose to any third party your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number without your prior consent, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevantly required.
Along with the free services SkillStreet also provide certain paid services through the Website.
SkillStreet will get the User information though;
Log Files - Every time the User visits the Site, SkillStreet servers automatically gather information from User browser (such as IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks etc) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. This information provides an idea of which parts of Website the User visits. Log files are not shared externally.
CONDUCT ON SITE
Users shall not use this Site in order to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update, distribute, share or store material,
- in violation of any applicable law or regulation,
- in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others,
- that belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right ,
- that is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, threatening, abusive or hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating encouraging money laundering or gambling or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever,
- that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that harms minors in any way,
- that deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such message or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature,
- that impersonates another person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives;
- that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of SkillStreet computer systems or site or SkillStreet users, customer’s computer systems or site,
- that threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India or any other nation, friendly relations with foreign states or of public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or insulting any other nation.
Users are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website, including, but not limited to the following activities:
- accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the SkillStreet Website, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mail bombing" or "crashing"; or
- Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
In addition, User is prohibited from use of his/her own account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all areas of the site may be available to authorized users of the site. User shall not interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the site or other similar services. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
User will be solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding,
- the information and content provided at the SkillStreet;
- the information and content the User shares in any possible way and by any possible means with fellow Users;
- User interactions with other Registered Users through SkillStreet.
SkillStreet is not liable in any way whatsoever for all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions between/among users. Users are expected to take due care during all interactions.
From time to time our Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
SkillStreet owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the services provided on this website, the information provided in the Site and the Site, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
The User undertakes to not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way
- Any Confidential information or
- other copyrighted or copyrightable material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via SkillStreet, or the information on the Site without first obtaining the prior written consent from SkillStreet, who is the owner of such proprietary rights.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The contents of the SkillStreet Website, such as posts, designs, text, graphics, images, videos, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files and other content are protected under The Copyright Act 1957, Trade Marks Act, 1999 and other related laws.. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the SkillStreet Website is the exclusive property of SkillStreet and is protected under applicable laws. Unauthorized use of the SkillStreet Content may violate these laws and/or applicable communications regulations and statutes, and is strictly prohibited.
- User shall not post any plagiarized content on any of the SkillStreet Website. In case of such an occurrence, it shall be sole liability of User. SkillStreet shall not own any rights to the plagiarized content and therefore, shall not be held responsible for any such event. SkillStreet does not support plagiarism in any form. In case any such instance of plagiarism comes to Your notice, please contact us at the address given below.
- SkillStreet does not hold any rights to any embedded videos/Youtube links found on its Website. Any such content shall be the property of the user/platform that has uploaded it and therefore, SkillStreet shall not be liable for it.
- User shall not reuse or reprint any Content available on the SkillStreet Website, without giving credit to SkillStreet, and nor shall You claim such content as your own. Further, SkillStreet does not permit anyone to modify the Content available on its Website.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we request you to do the same.
The Company does not warrant that our Website will operate error-free or that the Website and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the Website or its content, through your computer or mobile phone, results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, SkillStreet shall not be responsible for those costs.
To the fullest extent possible by law, in no event shall SkillStreet, its content providers, or any third parties mentioned on the SkillStreet Website be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data, lost employment opportunity or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use our Website or Content.